Naples Daily News
I have experience shooting and editing video in Premiere Pro and Final Cut. As a reporter at the Naples Daily News, most of my videos were explainers videos, in which we used a combination of iMovie and an online editing software called Wochit to layer text over the top of images or video. Many of these are quick-hit, designed to complement the written portion of the story. For more in-depth narrative projects, I worked alongside a team of photographers and videographers.
- Bocce ball brings out competitive spirit among residential community (edited in Final Cut): https://www.naplesnews.com/videos/life/2016/10/16/92071266/
- Lula imports Colombian purses (edited in Final Cut): https://www.naplesnews.com/videos/life/2016/09/15/90424010/
- Ice cream sundaes, sandwiches at Serious Cookie Co. (edited in iMovie and Wochit): https://www.naplesnews.com/videos/entertainment/dining/2018/05/08/ice-cream-sundaes-sandwiches-serious-cookie-co/590217002/
The Wichita Eagle
My passion for journalism was always in reporting, but after taking a few classes at Wichita State, my interest in visual storytelling grew. I purchased my own DSLR camera and produced video packages to pair with my stories during a full-time internship with the Wichita Eagle. They serve as teasers to the written story, or offer a portion of the story better told with visuals.
- ‘Boys in Ballet’ for The Wichita Eagle (edited in Premiere Pro). Read the feature story.
- ‘Lord’s Diner Piano Man’ for The Wichita Eagle (edited in Premiere Pro). Read the feature story.
- ‘Wichita State team examines Minion toy’ for Wichita Eagle (edited in Premiere Pro).
Class projects at Wichita State